Statement of Motivation
In your statement of motivation, you must present your qualifications and motivation to apply for admission to the Master of Disaster Management.
You must academically justify your motivation; your choice of master programme; how your past experiences can be used in your studies; and how the Master of Disaster Mangement programme relates to your future career goals.
Get started with your statement of motivation
A statement of motivation is personal, which means that there is no manual for writing a good letter. The Statement of Motivation is a 1-2 page document describing your reasons for applying for admission to the Master's programme of your choice (only one programme per statement).
Choose your most relevant work experiences and translate these into arguments that can be used in your statement of motivation.
Please make sure that the competencies you highlight in your statement of motivation correspond to your CV, and that it matches the information in your additional documentation.
Your statement of motivation should look forward in time, while your CV faces backwards.
Remember the following:
When you write your statement of motivation, you should consider the content of it thoroughly. Here are some points that are worth remembering:
- The study programme should be in focus
- Demonstrate that you have understood the content and structure of the study programme
- Describe your qualifications and experiences, and reflect on the relevance for the study programme
- Reflect on what your goal is upon completing the study programme
- Describe which experiences make you capable of completing the study programme (e.g. participation in research projects or as a co-writer in scientific articles)
- Describe how the MDMa programme can contribute to your general aspirations and career goals.
How to apply
Application deadline is 1 April 2021
Apply now for the full programme for academic year 2021/2022:
Master's programme application deadlines
- Non-EU/EEA citizens - 1 April 2021
- EU/EEA citizens - 1 May 2021
Apply now for 2020/2021 short courses and blended learning courses:
Short courses / Blended learning courses:
Application deadlines can be found in each course description.
Start your online application here!